Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bowling Season

BOWLIN’ 1/1/06
This may be a cardinal sin by a mature (very mature) American adult. The sin is to ask a question or two but…Do you know how many games are on TV between Thanksgiving and News Years?
Do you care? And will your answer cause elation or depression?

I was out with friends up for the holidays and we were trying to catch up with one another’s fall misadventures. We were bar hopping down town. Each bar had three or four TV’s mounted on the wall each with different football games on. It didn’t take long and we were all rubber necking trying to keep up with each game’s status.

This morning I awoke with a stiff neck and a buzz in the noggin from five or so beers. Five or so happens to be my favorite brand. For the life of me I couldn’t tell you who had played whom, which team won or lost or why each game had any effect on global warming.

All I know is that the games were played indoors or where palms trees swayed and those attending had a big smile whether their team was ahead or behind… Ah ya, it’s snowing here again today and I still haven’t fixed the snow throw, maybe tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh? who? why?

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did the nurse allow you beers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home