Friday, June 09, 2006

Miss chain saw 2006...

I have this hobby chain saw, it’s a McCullogh and it works about have the time. It was after our old Homelite saw gave up the ghost that I happened to see it (her) on sale at a Kmart store which was going out of business... buyer beware!

Mac’s are only a step above a Matel toy saw which you give a five year old to play with, no teeth and you go voooom, not the saw. So in the middle of my annual two weeks of winter wood gathering my semi new Mac takes a two-hour break. It would not run. This is right after I had given it a new bar, chain and spark plug. She Mac is very temperamental. Two log cuts and the chain loosens right up and dulls and I have to file the teeth just like my dentist.

Well, this time it wouldn’t restart! I pulled and pulled and not a pop. How could my saw treat me this way when I lavished such new things upon her. You’d think my saw had a female side. So I did the male thing, I pitched it on the ground and went home in a huff.

Hours later the sky darken and it looked like rain, then I remembered, " the saw!" It going to be ruined in the rain.
So I walked out into the woods, found where I left the saw and in my head a small voice told me what a stupid thing. I think the saw read my mind for in one pull and she fired up.

Some hard edged things that you have use a lot seem to take on their own personality. Take Miss McCullogh she does her own thing and so do a few other things kicking around the old homestead.

7 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's talk about other dull things. 3/4 of the novels on my book shelf...90% of the of all TV shows... 99% of all baseball games... half the people at my favorite saloon... my personality.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting that you purchased something cheap from another big box ("great satan of retailing"...LOL) retailer after trashing WMT the previous day.

You get what you pay for dude!

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Validation!!! The K-Mart (aka Kresge's on crack) was shut down by the devil's spawn Wal Mart. So, in looking at this totally - WalMart Super Cener arrives in town, KMart goes to the big retail happy hunting ground and puts some crap on sale which incents you to purchase a very crappy chain saw. If Walmart didn't come, you wouldn't have that chain saw.

That's where your vendetta against Sam's kids arose - you just may not be aware. It's in your cheap shopping sub conscious.

If, however, Wal Mart succeeds in Minocqua maybe an outdoor tool store with higher quality products will fail and you can upgrade from the Mac.............

MLC

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always told me that the saw ALWAYS started on the last pull. Did you forget? Oh well, a tool is a tool. Maybe go buy some tools from Prossard. He seems to get trees down with little problems.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The old saying, "you get what you pay for" holds, even with chain saws. I won't comment on the applicability of this to women. Someone could find out who wrote this and hang me by some part I can't mention.

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the last anonymous writer:

RUN, FOREST, RUN!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Up North said...

I support free enterprize. The purchase of the Mac was one of those walk bys--- at a K-Mart on the other side of the moon. So here's a sale sige " free saws for onlt $185" It was a double take and out with the credit card.

It's just like my brother at the check out counter and other M&M's are just to good to pass up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home