Monday, June 05, 2006

Firewood ….

It’s 78 degree outside and things are blooming. The last thought in your head should be doing stuff that reminds you of the "dark" side, winter. But sad to say now is the best time to be sawing and chopping on some standing dead oak. It will have 5 months to cure and be burnable come snow time. So it’s time for some real work, huff & puff time.

I’ve got the chainsaw 100% with a new bar and chain, gas and bar oil. In my back pocket are saw files and bar tightening tools. I even have small wedges and a hammer to get the chain unstuck when I happen to miss saw. Even my dog is ready to help in drawing away ticks and other unwanted bugs. All that training I put into her over last winter will pay off. She’ll be a perfect target.
I even have work clothes on not some of my better stuff which usually I ruin while working, which in turn gets me into trouble with the boss.

Yes I am set, but it looks like rain on one of the few days I’ve had off while working at the pro shop at our golf course. Tell you what, maybe this year I’ll purchase firewood. It may cost a little but think of what it will save…time, and most important wear and tear of the old body but then I miss having something to complain about, oh my aching back!

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notwithstanding the damage done to yourself, just think how much safer the general Lake 17 community would be if you bought the firewood instead. This notion doesn't even take into consideration collateral damage to personal property and your dog. Hang it up!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home