Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Who knows where the wild goose goes?

There are questions for the ages and these are not some of them…
but on an every day basis they are just as important.
Have you seen my wallet?
Do you remember where we parked the car?
What do you mean, I had the car keys last?


Half way through the movie… Did you let the dog out?
Did you turn off the coffee maker?
Here’s one… did you take your pills?

And another…
Did I have you sign the tax return before mailing it?
Why is there a black bear on our deck looking in the window?
And why is the dog hiding under the bed?
When are we going to finish painting the dock purple?
Why is gas at $3.20 a gallon?

Who is your daddy?
Now where did I put that new fishing license?

When was our tee time?

I mean these are huge questions. Almost daily they keep re-appearing in some form or another and in most all cases the answers have to be found just to make it to noon time. I mean you are not going very far without your car keys… and you are not going to pay for the $3.20 gas without your credit card which is in your misplaced wallet. By the way your wallet is in your blue pants which are currently in the washing machine getting a good soaking.

No, we can not blame all this on brain fade. You must start the day and finish it with a checklist, written or mental. I have found a check list the secret of my success. By the way one last question, have you seen my checklist?

4 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When all else fails...

Just follow the daily trail of little yellow post-its that Rosebud leaves for you.

Like, ahhh.....don't forget to brush your teeth?

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember what I told you...uh...er never mind cuz I forgot what I told you. Oh yeah, the one with the swollen left chin Is Dave. The one with the new accent is Fred. One of them is married to a Queen. The other was has finally gotten an extention -- on his pontoon, I think. One hangs his sunglasses on his shirt and the other chunks pitch shots. One drinks Red wine -- nice skin -- and the other use to drink Yaegermeister when he was young and heavier, I think

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Up North said...

?? double question marks back!

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's what you call the "Joliet" effect. A silent killer. Terrible, terrible. Just sort of creeps up on you. Incurable, they say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home