Friday, May 19, 2006

Seriously, Ahhhhh…. 5/19
That’s right, serious is a word that makes you think heavy thoughts. I awoke this am in one of those thoughtful moods, seriously. It wasn’t heavy-duty serious as ‘What is the real meaning of life?’ It was more like geee my heart is working, I’m breathing, I can see and I got up without the alarm ringing in my ear. All these were positive signs and I am serious.

And there it was right in the middle of things, I was using the word serious as others miss-use or over-use words like the word like. See I did it myself, like you know what I mean? These brain twitches are more obvious in our speech patterns rather that in our written word, like you know what I mean???

Then there is the use of 'Ahhhh.' It used when we are speaking and our brains aren’t as fast on the draw as our mouth. To fill the moment of void good old Ahhhh’s then comes rolling out of our mouths. It, Ahhh, is in popular demand and used by politicians and jocs. Just stick a mike in front of them and start counting their use of either Ahhh’s and likes or both. Then there's the word it used in the place of a noun, the subject of this sentence, but what is it?

The other day George W came on TV talking to a group about the use of ethanol. Now I can take the president on most days with a grain of salt but this time he really got on the Ahhh bandwagon. I was in full agreement with what he was saying, using ethanol, but I found it once again hard to hardle the way he was saying it.

I started counting the Ahhhhhhhhhhhh’s and after twenty two I ground my teeth got up and changed stations to the Weather Channel, seriously like ahhh, you know what I mean? I thought I was in a dentist chair.

5 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you drunk?

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, like seriously drunk?

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's wrong with Ahhhh? There are certain circumstances when it is fine. Just remember the song, The Girl from Ipanema, "that when she goes by all the guys go .........."

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Up North said...

I haven't had a drop, ahhhh, like my bottle has a cork in it. There is nothing wrong with an "ahhhhh" but not ten of them in two sentences, pretty bad brain work. The people that hit the mark seldom use a lot of ahhhhh's.
I should record you and play it back to you, frightening!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five will get you ten that the cork has a certain Queen's fingerprints upon it. But seriously, have a fun trip to Madison. Whitmans misses you and Fred will make sure that next weekend is not your Memorial Day. He made me stay home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home