Monday, May 08, 2006

The dock is almost in…

It’s my annual wrestling with long metal dock parts that years ago use it fit together. You tell me how in the world can iron change its size and shape? Bolt holes are suppose to remain constant and line up, but NO. I spent the last two weeks sanding, scraping the rust off the our old dock.

Then I started painting the thing a beautiful shade of light red purple. Our neighbors are just going to love this bright color. Why this quaint shade of ugly purple? I got a real deal on it.

The sales guy at the hardware store said he’d let me have it at have price! This later I found out was the same paint that’s been on their shelf for the last four years with no takers. While in the check out line the clerk told me, "No one in their right mind would want such a ‘nice’ color."

Personally, I don’t think the ducks or loons will mind trhe color nor will I for it’s nighttime for half of the day. As for my neighbors, they will be green with envy besides they are family and have known for years of my bad taste… for who in their right minds would have driven around the countryside even downtown in a customer painted bright orange Ford Torino.

After a morning’s labor I have 2 sections of 6 sections in the lake. By late August I should have the other 4 sections in, just in time to take the thing out. Now, if you’ll excuse me I need to take some aspirin or maybe something heavier-duty.

6 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color purple may relieve your boredom.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Up North said...

It's the dog days, even many of the local watering holes are closed due to the lack of bodies, not that I don't need a body. Anyway boring is as boring does.
I am quite busy thank you, plus I've got some dead worms and a dull hook and the boat is floating, time to set a hook.ta, ta!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to hire a sales person. I would like to know who sold you that paint.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color "light red purple" for a dock --deal or no Colemandeal-- is a not so subliminal message that screams:

1. "Coleman-seeking-attention for new blog material",

2. "Warning: dangerous dock for pregnant women" or

3. "Color-blind-owner-who-doesn't-give-a-rip-about-color-and-related-spatial-surroundings"

Given the safety hazards around your compound which includes the 3 D's: dock, driveway and deck-- maybe it's a good thing, after all.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only an avid Oprah fan would have the desire to yell "Pain the dock purple, BUD, or you will not be allowed out until Fred and Brownie -- leave for the summer" Only people not absorbing all the beauty nad wonderment of spring think that you are bored right now. The fact is - you don't care

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay away from my Northern.

as for your choice of color for the dock, it's a perfect fit. (think Hooosierville)

BTW, the dock commentary neglected to mention... who loves you baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home