Thursday, May 11, 2006

Find your game…

For many a year I’ve spent trying to find within myself, the real me. Or as the Greek Plato once said " Know thy self." It is tuff to butt heads with a butt head and come out second best. The real Greek Plato that I am talking about actually is a teaching golf pro in Milwaukee who has a Spanish name that immigrated from Great Britain where unfortunately for me golf was invented by a northern goat herder.

Are you with me?
Life at times is confusing, as is the person within you and as the game of golf. So then it is logical that an illogical person finds the game of golf confusing.
Where does one first turn for help in overcoming the frustration of not being able to correct the person inside? You turn to family and friends. They usually after some time offer advice that further compounds your confusion….
Are you still following me?

Now then the mark of true intelligence is knowing when to run up the white flag and quite operating on yourself…You go out and seek professional help and as everyone knows a professional is a person with a framed certificate on the wall.

Last week I ran up a white flag myself and took a golf lesson… I have refound my game and it’s only a bit rust with a slight slice.

6 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slight slice.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean after all that blather you now can hit the ball backwards again? "Trick shot Coleman" and...oh nevermind.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't you heard today's weather forecast? Summer's over. Put the golf club away and get the shovel out.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I played gof with you - Spring Break 2006 sans Fred - you were hitting the ball like you did last fall after the heart stuff. You were swinging easy and smooth and long. Quit thinking and just play Wobbin Woods Inka Dinka Doo Irons. Enjoy the game. Don't get plustered like Fred and I ( or you do at Golden Tee) I thought blather eminated from the Germans not the English. Hmmm.....

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After all is said and done, just grip and ripe it.... then yell "four!"

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always putting, esp around the house. That would be mind pleasing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home