Thursday, May 25, 2006

A tugg… and I don’t mean a tow boat.

It’s down there. I just know it is. I’ve been waiting hours on it. Actually about forty years, make that fifty. It’s that monster bass that annually spans in front of our dock. It’s a whale. The bass season doesn’t open for another week of two but who cares.

Even if I did get the thing on my line, I ‘d let her go. I just want to boat and lease her. It’s a principle of the thing. That bass with its pea-sized brain can’t be any smarter then me with my pea -sized brain. I’ve been waiting the thing out but it’s been four hours just sitting here. She has to take a lunch break. I can see her on her fresh sand nest shoeing away little panfish from her eggs.

This year I’ve make all the right moves, new line on my reel, an actual fishing license and even the boat is registered…. Hold it there’s a tugg on the line, there it is, I see the line moving. Now dip the tip and set the hook… on a rock! Another miss…time for lunch. The bass isn’t going anywhere neither am I.

3 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always found that a little TnT
with a short fuse works best in shallow water, However, if there is a warden in the area you may want a 150hp pontoon boat with DNR decals in its side.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever since you watched the Fry guy work his fish in front of his dock, you have been lured into luring the bass closer to your dock. I do think, however, that reducing the level of the lake by 15 inches may be overstepping the bounds of gamesmenship. Did Howard buy you the license? Decals on the side will probably read IDC. I don't care!

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my Northern probably ate your bass over the winter.

see you tomorrow Bro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home