Friday, March 14, 2008

Dancing Lessons….They didn’t do any good.

So with a new hair piece, a pressed shirt, and shined shoes, I was ready for the wedding reception of the year. This would have real southern beat, real southern. I had watched Dancing with the Stars reruns for weeks and practiced in front of a mirror… I thought I could keep up with the Fryguy a.k.i. (Zorba the Greek).

Francie’s imported band started things off slow… then things got out of hand or was it the waiters with trays full of glasses of Johnnie Walker Red Label. The reality of it was that into their first set the band blew out the building's power breaker and the place was left only with candle light and Chris MacD. on the bag pipes. Just try and do a polish polka with a Scottish jig going on with two bottles of Red Label in your coat pockets, thanks Dave.

So much for 'Dancing with the Stars' cause during the the black out I lost my new hair piece. I think someone thought it was a roasted mini hairy pig and had it for breakfast. At least I kept my shirt on and that was about it. The last thing I remember was the Fryguy driving the bus home at 6 am. At least we were not the last ones to call it quits. Rolaids anyone?

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - we thought that you wanted to keep this a G-Rated blog. All you kept on was your shirt? I hope it had very very long tails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home