Monday, March 17, 2008


Which way is up….

There are some place in this big old world that you can get lost in just by looking up or simply opening your eyes. The red rocks of Sedona, AZ, the northeast entrance of Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, the straights of Mackinaw, the San Juan Islands, the Andes and yes Dave, the rolling corn fields of Iowa. There’s beauty in many places and it’s up to us to see it.

Take this morning… it was very cold out side and there was a frost on all things exposed (NOT THERE). It glistened in the morning sun. I had parked my car outside the night before I looked down and there in a framed pictured was contrast. It was between my car's black tire and the white snow.

Frost glistened off the tire as well… to bad for the tire was flat. As I changed the g. d. thing swearing under my breath I thought how fortunate I was to be able to do such a task when several years back there was a time when I thought that I’d basically had had it. So even in the dead of late winter you can smell the roses if you know where they grow. Pictured is Cajas National Park - Cuenca Ecuador

today's two liner: "Feed a straving dog and he will not bite you...this is the difference between man and dog."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home