Monday, August 25, 2008

Papa again….

Rise the flag its was a boy. Sure I love our three grand daughters; they put a gleam in my eye. However, I know Rosebud has big plans in helping those three young girls down the path of lady hood.

But it's a boy!!!! … well now, I can teach him to spit in the fire, do something in the woods, hit a golf ball with a curve on it, swear like a bloody nun, and to always tell the truth, almost.

There were many things that my own grandpa past along to me. I use to think that the slow gray haired gentleman use to let things slip by him... but no! He took all things in without comment holding judgement to himself. It was only when there was a serious question at hand he would comment. It's then when we all would listened.

I was fortunate to have had one of my grandfathers alive when I was a lad. The other past too early as did our father. When my dad was out busting his rear end making a living it was grandpa who stepped in and gave me confidence. I hope that I’m still around to do the same… but as our youngest dear daughter taught us, “Carpum Deium” enjoy the day. As for tomorrow's troubles, they show up tomorrow.

(So how come the National Florist Association hasn't come up with a grandparent day?)

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't been keeping up with your Hallmark holidays. There is a grandparents day! It's Sept. 7 and it is the 30th year of it. Now I suppose you're going to start making a wish list and registering at the local hardware store...

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lordy, one can ONLY imagine the birch bark tales that Grandpa Coleman will be regaling this young master.

Thank goodness he has Rosebud and three cousins to act as the truth squad.

Trust but verify!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Up North said...

Thank you for bringing up Sept. 7th. it's very close to Sept. 8th, birthday of one very fine American who has one of the finest blogs on the webb. Hummmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home