Tuesday, January 03, 2006

NORTHWOOD’S WEATHER STONE 1/3/05
Speaking of rocks and stones the other day our town prophet handed me a present.
I opened the heavy package and to my joy there was a very large stone carefully wrapped in tissue. What thoughtfulness! Not that there aren’t enough rocks in Wisconsin.

Under the box lid was the explanation. This was a Northwood’s Weather Stone.
I was to place it outside our cabin in full view. Then each morning take a look at the stone before deciding if I should go out and what do and what to wear.

If the stone was dry I was OK.
If the stone was wet it was raining.
If the stone was cover with grass it was time to mow the lawn.
If the stone was white it was snowing (it’s always snowing).
If I couldn’t see the stone it was foggy.

In the two weeks I’ve had the stone in the yard, it hasn’t missed a call. Amazing!

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil! Phil, is that you? It's me. Ned Ryerson!

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil! Phil, is that you? It's me. Ned Ryerson!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Up North said...

Ryerson was fired as assistance coach of the Mnn. Viking and was hit by a beard truck in south St. Paul. Poor guy was looking for a little extra doe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home