Monday, March 20, 2006

Buttons, but which ones?
After getting my leg out of a foot cast after kicking to many tires I started reading our new cars owners manual. I know I‘ve mentioned owner’s manuals once or twice before; that they are a little confusing for a confused mind, another words a plain in the rear.
I thumbed through it for 2 minutes and had it cold. I had tried to listen to the salesman as he whipped through a laundry list of thing I needed to know if and when our car sailed of a 500" high bridge into 100" of water. "Ya. Ya" I said as he asked if I understood all the controls, bells and whistles.
Fast forward a few days … I am in town coming out of the market with two full bags and our new car was somewhere out in the packed parking lot. I had somehow forgotten the car’s make, style and color, nothing new for me. In my head I was still looking for our rust bucket.
Slowly it came to me that I was looking for a new car and I approached the car, hit the button on the key and bingo, the car starts making this huge, ugly sound as if the Japanese are attacking Pearl Harbor once again. The horn was sounding and even the lights were flashing. People were looking around to see which lady can’t figure how to open her car. Looks of annoyance came flying my way
After 5 minutes of disturbing half the town a young gal comes up and asks for my car key…. Two seconds later all was quite accept my heart, which was racing. A bit red faced, I thanked the girl and headed home to reread the owner’s manual this time a bit more carefully.

5 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have "spell check"?

It may not help for, "...another words a plain in the rear?" This is a new expression and I'm contemplating the meaning.

And,"...our car sailed of (sic) a 500" high bridge into 100" of water." They're building tiny bridges over the itty-bitty streams up north now, ya? No "coleman deal" on that rivelet.

I was thinking you'd be writing about Bradley today.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there and done that. But it must be nice to know that young ladies still find you approachable.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it funny that you managed to disparage ladies in the same paragraph that a young woman saves your ass. Maybe you should have replaced "lady" with "old fart". That would be less sexist. Age-ist maybe...

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Wobbin, don't be so sexist!

Old farts have PC monitors on this blog.

PS. Did we send you the article "Manliness". Men Unite!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Up North said...

There are times when something unsaid is better that a kick in the rear end. Lately I have found it hard to sit down with so many foot imprint in the but-axe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home