Thursday, March 16, 2006

The TEE is now open….

That’s the call I want to hear. In front of our cabin there is a narrowing of the lake. A few years back I dug out a flat spot in the slope to the lake. It makes for a great place to tee up an 8 iron and let it rip. No one lives across the narrows so if you hit it correctly it will land in the brush right on opposite shore without killing anyone. The lake in the narrows is only 6 to 8 feet deep with a sand bottom.

It’s the perfect practice range. During the summer it’s easy to dive down in the lake and retrieve several dozen balls that my younger brother couldn’t get across the narrows. Yesterday, we had a warm spell and most of the snow on the lake melted, the same for my little practice area. Into the garage I headed getting out a few practice balls.

Down to the tee I went, teed one up, took a few practice swings while my reteiver dog barked her approval, she chases my miffs. I was ready for the first hit of the year. The results are always a good or bad omen for the golfing year to follow.

Easy…. Slow, very slow on the back sing and don’t kill it, I told myself. Then I pulled the trigger. Looking up slowly I tried it follow it bouncing out on the ice or parts of it were. My hands were still vibrating from a major miss hit…
Yap! I told myself “ You haven’t lost your touch!”

7 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer's over and it's your fault. You can't fool Mother Nature. You took out your golf clubs and guess what kind of weather we are going to have now! And Big Brother thought it was his fault the winter weather has returned...he took the inner liner out of his winter coat. But it isn't his fault. It's yours. Thanks a bunch Wobbin.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said, "head south"!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Up North said...

Which way is south? At the count of three... ponit point sount, wrong way. Try again, it's where the sun is.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which wat is north, right the opposite of south

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet the ball went right. Slice!!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"ponit point sount"? Is this some kind alien code?

You must be getting too much carbon monoxide or radon in the cabin this winter.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the good news is the snow will soon fill your divot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home