Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Question:Would you rather…
A.) Rake the yard?
B.) Mow the grass?
C.) Paint the house?
D.) Shovel the roof? ... or do your federal taxes?

Me too, non-of the above. Yet there comes a time when each task must be met head on with a smile. Let’s look at each task in the proper light.

Last fall I dropped my car keys out in the drive. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if I would have raked the drive and the yard. But no, I’d put it off and there I was in the dark groping for the keys so that I couldn't go to town and say hello to the boys, so much for A.)

As for B.) There is no problem here, meaning we don’t mow our yard. We don’t have a blade of grass not that we haven’t tried. You see our yard is a natural daily pathway for a heard of deer that picks the place clean. As for our guard dog Katie, she could care less about the deer and squirrels as well. It’s the FedEx man she drives nuts.

Now about C.) Our little place is very much in need a coat of paint. The last one I put on ten years ago was a cheap brand. It was on clearance at Menard’s, an exterior Purple paint. The color would look good in Fairfield Iowa but no place else. However, this task may require out sourcing as the last time up on my inherited two-story ladder it gave way and I did a triple with a half twist before landing on my head, no damage done, almost.

D.) The roof is another matter; there is at least two feet of white stuff, snow and below it a mess of ice. Most southern boys have no idea what it means to shovel snow off your roof. But there comes a time when Mother Nature tells you it’s past time to start clearing it off. That's the time is when it starts raining into the house and its 10 degrees outside.

As I said my ladder is busted… do any of you happen to have a phone number in India for out source-labor? Better yet I could sell the place and buy a condo on Lake Minocqua and as far as doing taxes, I’ve got to go to the dentist.

4 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd put all of it off and buy the van. Then move on down the road and don't stop til you find a place where slippers and shorts are the norm. Follow the sun dude!

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- wait- I was responsible for maybe two of those Fedex deliveries. Well, maybe three. Four tops.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God that the day you fell off the ladder you had two caring friends holding the ladder!! So we both happened to sneeze at the same time - the ladder wiggled and you fell off. Forget about it. If we hadn't been there it may have been a serious medical problem. Thank God you hit your head - awoke and talked just like we do. You are now one of us! Fred - it worked!! P.s. Don't forget your state taxes BUD!

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

E) none of the above

 

Post a Comment

<< Home