Monday, March 06, 2006

TIRE KICKING 101… GRADE D-
The old buggy is staring to show the rust. Or I should say there is nothing left but rust. When we purchase a car it’s almost for life. I have a good friend that’s the same way. He drives a car not only till the wheels fall off but the doors as well.

On one of his cars I had to help him out in repairing the front bench seat. The whole front floorboard had rusted through and the seat fell onto the pavement, fortunately no one was hurt. I went out and patch up his car with wood flooring. However, the seat was still a bit loose especially when the brakes were applied.

So off to the dealers with check book in hand we headed….
“ Oh , love that car, does it come in a lime green? Do you happen to have a convertible mini van with turbo charger? Please give me your rock bottom price….How much? You gotta kidding?”

Tire kicking was a day of getting several salesmen jacked up knowing they (the sharks) had one on the line. Yes, they had me. Several of them actually got my phone number and have been calling me back for weeks….. Yes weeks, I just can’t make my mind up on which car nor now I am going to pay for the thing. Maybe I’ll just trade my rust bucket for my friend’s rust bucket that I had sold to him 5 years ago for two Captains & Cokes, tax and title included.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vehicles are nothing more than a way to get from point A tp point B. Or - from Hazelhurst to Omaha. Or from Hazelhurst to Northern Alabama. Or from Hazelhurst to Rochestor, Milwaukee, Joliet, Fairfield or -- Whitmans. I'd offer fred one morgan and a half of a Freddy burger(no mayo) and call it a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home