Friday, March 16, 2007

Over your head. 3/16

Jumping off the end of the dock? You are over your head. I started remodeling the bathroom… now the place is a disaster - talk about being over your head. Why to things that are shown on TV look so easy till you try it yourself. The ad agency that came up with Lowe’s "You can do, we can help." should be run over by a bulldozer.

I guess it’s called planning ahead, knowing what’s involved and having all the material and tools on hand. Then it be a good idea to have a mess of manual of ‘how to’ books as well as the yellow pages so the local sub contractors can be called in to put out the fire.

Even before I started with the idea of a small remodeling project I had called several fellows in to have a look and asked how much… gulp! ‘that much, hay?’ So I told myself…self, your time is pretty well worthless and you can mess up the house just as well as they can… So with a heavy hand and a 30 pound hammer we are off and running. I’ll keep you abreast of the number of bent nails and band-aids used.

Bob Villa has got nothing on me accept a staff of pros cleaning up after the guy.I just stopped at the library and got several self help books, "Basic Plumbing", and
"Do it yourself Internal Surgery." You never can tell for one thing leads to another.

Today’s thought, "Think before you speak
enables you to have a second thought first."
M. Twain

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest you have the phone number of the local fire/resque department at hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home