Monday, February 19, 2007

Admit it, you are not perfect either 2/19

I’ve have been dealing with a problem for years. It takes brass to come out with the fact that you are not quite like the masses, the millions of other folks who simple hummm along with life the way it is.

It is a little tough being "different". Some people hide under many layers. They feel others look at them as though they have two heads or three feet. Not me I know I have three heads. I know of a case wherein the fellow has two right feet and two left hands or was it the other way around. Poor guy dropped his car keys and kept turning in the wrong direction to find them. Try going shopping for shoes and gloves in this condition. You buy two of everything and then what do you do with the extra righties or lefties.

Being different has many a negative and only a few pluses. I had a boss once that repeated himself each time spoke. It was very hard to miss what he meant. It took a time to get use to him. People that didn’t know him thought that he was an odd duck because of this " flaw". I was one of them till I find out why… he had fought in World War II and a German shell exploded on a ridge that he was defending. The medics did a job putting him back together. But somehow they missed something for there was a short circuit in his speech pattern only made up by a quick brilliant wit.

First impressions should be outlawed for in his case he had gone through hell for others and those others many times judged him at first glance. You’ve done it; I’ve done it. Just like this blog site.

So here’s my shocking truth, I have a reading disorder that carries into my writing thus spelling, Use spell check you say? GO fly a kite I say for even when things look correct to me they are backwards to you.

What’s it like? Go take a book, then stand on your head in the corner. Now open the book while upside down then turn it right side up and start reading from the end of the book forward.
It’s all Greek. This is my minor handicap that I live with. But my hat is off and heart goes out to those that live daily with major handicaps and one special person in San Francisco – love you doll.

Today’s thought, "It is not best that we all should think alike,
it is difference of opinion that makes horse races."

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me? I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right brain dominate? or left? It depends on which mirror you are looking into, you point to the left and it's the other person's right, right? Raise your right or left hand and swear after me... damn it's confusing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home