Friday, April 13, 2007

The nail on the head
and I mean head.


All the hard work, all the preplanning and I’ve got to say things are shaping up. Its causing a buzz in town. Apparently this is remodeling month for our favorite watering hole is also in for a face lift. They closed the place to do some rehab’ing taking from my example.
Whitman’s has needed it for the past half century. The real kicker was several months ago when one of their walls starting moving north without the help of an earthquake while the other building parts headed south.
This caused the ceiling to have the Mother of sags which allowed the townies to start a new betting pool, the date of total collapse

Finally the Whitman’s decided that “improvements” were required, that is before the state condemned the building. So a few of the boys started working on the place, a 5 man crew, about the same time I started remodeling our bath room… now the town betting is which “project” will be finished first.

I’d bet on myself but I’m waiting on a plumber to do a main connection….this could be a real horse race and going down to the wire. However, I have a card up my sleeve,. I hired a guy, a real pro, on the side that they don’t know about. I’ll qt this thing and I’ll put a bundle down on myself.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness - where are all the regulars at Whitman's going to go while it's closed? Sieze the moment ....put a bar in along the long porch wall - buy some plastic glasses, beer and cheap wine and you've just paid for your bathroom remodel! Remember that every obstacle is an opportunity!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Up North said...

Ys, grand idea... open a bar I'd need to get a smoke machine, and a sound system that melts rea wax a then invite every under year kid in the county and wind up with a the stat close the place operating without a permit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home