Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dreamland 4/10

We all have them but…. this one stopped the train, it even awakened me. I was out waking on the lake…(still frozen) when in seconds it started melting, a rather very rapid spring thaw. I spent hours (maybe seconds) trying to run to shore, then swam in the rather cool water. Right as my goal, the shoreline, was at hand our dog barked letting me know in my foggy mind that it was time for her out for her early am outing.

I, like you have these mini plots that run through the mind during dawn’s early light.
Many are as useless as last week’s leftovers forgotten in the back of the refreg. Yet, every so often a dream hits home, one that could change the course of history or cure the common cold.

As you wake the gem is there a bright shinning light then poof the light bulb burns out. Your one moment to capture that brilliant idea becomes lost to veil that closes out creative thought – it’s called daily life.
To those few that can over come the pain in the rear of daily life like letting the washing of dishes get in the way of chasing dreams – I rise me glass – but then we’d have to wash it.

Today’s thought, "Reality is knowing what’s real,
‘Now Dorothy, don’t look behind that curtain. Oz might disappear.’

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing blog...last night I dreamt that Freddie owned a bar that was quite ramshackle on the outside. On the inside it was elegant beyond belief - rich wood bar with leather barstools, chandeliers, plush carpeting. Then, just like you, poof - I awoke and reality set in. Sorry Freddie.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, you wet the bed (you were, in fact, swimming in a sense) and Katie the bed wetting watch dog awakened you. Had you been out the night before with out of town acquaintances?

Sigmund Freud

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water runs up hill not down, everyone knows that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home