Monday, March 26, 2007

Part time - part timer 3/26

You’d think I’ve got nothing better to do than sit around writing blogs. In itself this blog thing is almost full time job let alone chopping down my " Honey Do’ list. It’s harder than you’d think coming up with much to do about nothing daily. I must admit that I had years of practice writing advertising copy selling boats, dog food, fishing rods, work gloves and donuts to people who didn’t need it. Of course I had two proof-readers who did help.

Thankfully, it’s getting to be that time of the year when I shave, shower and put on duds and head out to a real job, the golf shop. Some of us retired people actually punch a clock and it sure is nice to a have few bucks in my pocket. It’s cash, which is like money Yogi, which Rosebud doles out to me from our social security check in very small amounts. I look forward to this time of the year and my extra mad money and sometimes if I am careful there is enough left to purchase a used golf club.

I’ve heard some folks are firmly against us double dippers. These folks either inherited a bank, have the patented on the wheel, or invented Frosted Flakes. But for the majority of us that have rised families worked our butts off and paid our dues, we call these the "Golden Years"? But I’ve noticed that the light seems a little dimmer. Must be it’s my vision tanking. So to brighten things I’ve talked the Pro, my boss, to up grade the lights in the Golf Shop.

My part of a part-time job gets me out of the house to Rosebuds delight. Plus, I get to socialize with half the town, put a few bucks in the pocket but more important I get to improve my putting. I mean getting paid to play golf? What else could you ask for? Don’t answer that!

Today's thought, "When you are the first course, only the cannibals know what's for desert." a Wobbinism

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't help but ask, what does the Mrs. do while you are "working" at golf?

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter deutschland de[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]das wetter ist[b][/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home