Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Planning ahead – looking behind 3/21
There is a window and a very small one. The window is a time slot where 24 things must be finished within five days. There is no kidding around on this one, that’s the word from the boss, the brass, General Rosebud who told me in specific terms, "Bud,, I don’t want my home messed up for a month!" I am to get this bath remodeling done on time and it had better look like a pro did it.

Most of my other home projects have turned out like "this is the house that Jack built" something straight out of Hoosierville. In the past I just couldn’t see hiring some guy who would never show up and when he did you wish he hadn’t. So when I look behind at the trail of opps’ I’ve made, maybe it’s time to call in the REAL pros and pay the piper. But then again it’s big bucks even if they do show.
I’ve had all winter to think this one through. I’ve shopped for the fixtures (which we are waiting on) figured on which walls go where without the ceiling caving even the wall color paint. The only problem is that stuff isn’t here yet and my real spring/summer job will be starting up at the golf course. Then the week before last being with my daughter and her health problems I realized at there are some things in life that are small potatoes like remodeling a bathroom. But when you got to go, ya gota go –bye.

Today’s thought, "One way streets are always headed in the wrong direction."

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, WHICH COMES FIRST THE BATH OR TAKING OUT THE TREE? Forget it. Hire Juan Valdez as your man Thursday for yard work he can do, paint the place, he can do throw your dock in he can do. The only problem he comes with a family wife 12 kids 39 cousins all who would need a place to stay and # squares daily.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE!!! This time put the bath tub and shower right side up. Not like the front window. You know that all you have to do is call and Huntski and I will be there in a definite maybe nanosecond to help you -- by holding the latter of course. Rosebud has assured us that your life insurance policy and Will are in order and that you are not the father of Anna Nicoles Smiths baby.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home