Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Manning the rail...
In the last posting I used a pix taken by my son-in-law on their tiger cruise on my son's ship, the Carrier A. Lincoln. It's a Navy thing to man the rail entering and leaving port. Note one of the sailors is a femele so it's now "people man the rail!"
Over the Memorial Week-end I got our crew to man my daughters new railing. It' at new their Mouse-shi-Tong ten year project rehag log home.

It's a little strange being there for their log home is four houses down from my grandpa's old summer home and a mile from my old friend Mike LaBaron's parents summer home.

Mike and I skied together, hunted together, went to college together and drank many a beer together. He had to go to Vietnam, I didn't, I miss the slug!
So this Memorial Day like in the past a spend a moment at his grave and share a beer with him. I manned the rail in my own way.

9 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice deck! Watch that first step....it's a doozy!

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil??? Phil Connors? Say listen how's your insurance? lacking? well do we have a deal fot U!!!
You simply pay your preiums daily.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who said Lia-i-bil-ities?

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had to have had "out" side help!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is customary to initiate a deck with beer pong and other up north games. When does the party start?

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

!. What is Mouse-shi-Tong?
2. No parties yet, says the cabin owner, me.

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interior decorating suggestion: Have the party before you move your stuff in, before the floor is nailed down and the walls painted. Then you won't worry about those rowdy lake lovers! And anyone who is there the morning after gets a free pass to help work on your cabin. Simple.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Up North said...

Mouse-shi-tong was the the chief hon-cho of China and set goals to get China out of the "RED" and into the black. It did woprk until Marco- WalMart road into town with thousand of Purchase Orders for lead painted toys.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew---thanks for the clarification on Mouse-shi-tong and Marco Walmart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home