Wednesday, January 04, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 1/4/05

I have two friends who are fast approaching the other end of the age spectrum, over the hill. They just can’t believe that they are not teenagers anymore, neither can I. I have known them most of my life and am amazed that they have always carried a youthful outlook.

The other day we were coming out of our favorite beer dispensary and I happened to look up and saw three figures in a car rear view mirror. The figures were hunched over, hobbling along and looked a little long in the tooth yet were laughing at one another’s jokes.

They were walking our way and seemed a little familiar. Ya, it was us in the mirror, a slap in the face. It’s really a shock to see yourself as you saw your father. I am the oldest of the three of us and now both of my friends are having birthdays this week. I have to admit I am beginning to feel a bit younger for the two of them have caught up with me age wise. Well at least for the next 7 months they’ll be the same age as yours truly.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will allow you some literary license to age one of those friends to your age. However, you take advantage of this license too often. Then again, being a member of a certain family allows one's imagination to run amok.

It's a good thing to have a BLOG since you have time on your hands and only a nurse and pet rock to keep you company. Well..there's the dog I suppose--but I digress.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am confused, three guys hunched over and hobbling that you saw in the mirror? No doubt you and your friends. That would be the concept of a mirror......

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NURSE!

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannot believe that Winger was as hunched over as you and Hunt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home