Sunday, January 22, 2006

SLOWMOBILING… 1/23/06

Out past our shed is a large white mound. I’ve thought about it for several months now.
Buried in the snow are two relatively new snowmobiles. By relatively I mean they are around 18 year old, very young, as use would have it. Two springs ago I put a tarp over them after summerizing them, which means blocking the track off the ground and a few other things which I didn’t do.

Last winter came and I got busy with my winter job delivering LP gas to neighbors far and wide. It is an outside job driving a truck and dragging a hose through waist high snow for 8 hours daily. Did I mention that it’s cold outside all winter? So last year the thought of going snowmobiling after work just didn’t enter my mind. Then the weekends would come, but after 5 frost bite working days, snowmobiling left me cold.

As last winter progressed it seemed that I got colder and couldn’t shake it. In March my wife headed out of town on a thing called a Navy Tiger Cruise. She joined my son on an aircraft carrier and had a nice boat ride. Meanwhile I was at home working, thinking about a possible late winter snowmobile ride. Two things happened. I couldn’t get the thing started and I couldn’t get my own engine going. Now after two heart procedures and a vast amount of physical rehab I have been thinking of going riding. Crazy they say, could be, but so is downhill skiing on wobbling knees. Tally ho!

3 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At home? Wprking on the snowmobile? Thank God you were not with your twin brother playing indoor golf, watching an Iowan gamble for 12 minutes or stiing by a fireplace holding a large cup of ice tenderly in your arms as you, er, he snored loudly

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Up North said...

I had an operation two years ago, it was on the nose... commonly called a nose job and it cured all types of snoring, mid afternoon, late evening and early morning however if I get the sleds running I'll not doubt snore on them

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The operation was a rectal one commonly used for removing ones cranium from an area that makes enough noise that snoring becomes unnecessary. Unfortunately, those type of procdeures are not available in Iowa or Illinois -- ergo,life is stinky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home