Friday, April 21, 2006

Doctor Feel Good wanted in surgery...

Today’s post isn’t the prettiest. It’s about body parts and we’ll keep it clean. Bright and early this morning I hopped out of bed and immediately heard a loud snap. There it goes again, the knee. The sound was strange for it came from my other bad knee. My really BAD knee hasn’t been giving me any trouble for its so far gone that I don’t even think about even when it buckles and I find myself on the floor. This was other bad knee, which isn’t so bad, or so I thought.
Where was I?

Oh, ya, I went to grab for it and heard another loud snap. The sound and pain came from my bad shoulder which likes to dislocate. I had major repair on it as teenager. Now a 100 years later my doctor as told me it’s history as is 90% of this worn out body. Last year he told me that both the shoulder joint and bad knee joint needed replacing. Which knee? Don’t ask I’ll just point.

After almost falling over this morning, I tried to straighten which was followed a POP from my lower bad back. My body was making more noise than the O'Hare Airport at rush hour. Only one thing could help me this morning, a long hot shower. I must have run through 100 gallons of hot steaming water.

I dried off and happened to look upon my aging hulk in a mirror, what a mess. The hot water had brought out all the old war wounds from past corrective surgeries. I looked like a zipper salesman’s sample case. I started counting... five different knee surgeries, one huge shoulder surgery scare, a gall bladder surgery, one long front zipper for heart by-pass surgery and now two more are in the works. Our little hospital has a wing named after me.

I use to listen to friends of my parents and their talk about failing body parts.
It was a definite sign of advancing age but… my mother Ros was right, I should have gone to Med. School. I could have save big by operating on myself. Which self? Don’t ask I’ll just point.

8 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So some body parts are showing some wear and tear. So what? As long as you can throw a line in the water, hit a golf ball (who cares how well), hear the loons and share love and laughs with family and friends, life is good. It's all a matter of perspective. Perhaps a trip to the eye doctor is in your future?

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all right that's enough whining. i wouldn't know where to begin to list all the good things in your life.

shape up and let's see a more positive blog-tone or i will report you to bill gates.

i know there's a pony in lake 17 somewhere... or did the BIG musky eat him.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me thinks that Wobbin's blog is a great thing for Rosebud. She doesn't have to listen. Then again she is there just encase. Wish I had a Rosebud

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful of what you wish for, BUD.

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is this your fail-safe alibi that you won't be able to deal with your spring chores on the honey-do list?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Up North said...

Some people are a little slow, if I were half a man I'd stand up and say, " Oh, here let let lift that 500 ponud suite case dear!" But the other half of me that's in a world of hurt either hires a bell boy or repacks in five 100 pound bags.

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to hire the bell boy.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Brother (don't ya love him?)has it right--drop all the whining and negativity. It's getting really boring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home