Monday, June 19, 2006

Cereal Boxes…
There was a time when they put prizes in Cracker-Jack boxes, not any more. They don’t even put peanuts in with the popcorn. The stuff now comes in a bag not a box. Then along came the giants of merchandisers, Kellogg and Disney. Kellogg wants to sale cereal and Disney wants to promote its movies.

Well, let’s put prizes into cereal boxes right where Cracker-Jacks left off! The movie Cars is just out and when you purchase a box of Frosted Flakes you get one of the car characters from the movie… another grand marketing ploy as old as the hills, i.e. Cracker Jacks.

I was in our favorite market yesterday and happened to look at the prices of Frosted Flakes with and with out the Cars give away… right! 40 cents more for a 10cents toy wrecker from the movie Cars! What a deal! …
As for me it was back to my heart healthy Oatmeal.

4 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should replace the toy cars with drivers so you would get something useful

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drivers as a person behind the wheel? or a thing that's carried in a golf bag?

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna comment...I really do!!! Let me think...maybe I'll come up with something.

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't think, just react, like hit your thumb with a hammer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home