Monday, January 08, 2007

BTU’s 1/8

We must cut our dependence on foreign oil. That’s a standard issued by many in a green party for muti-years. Finally a few folks in Washington maybe getting it. The problem is that it’s a state thing not D.C. The problem is that each of us local slobs make the ant hill bigger.

In Iowa they are turning corn into gas, here in Wisconsin we are a little slow, we are trying to turn bake beans into gas, a very sticky deal. I remember years back I tried bouncing an idea off each of my kids…
I told them that they not only could retire for life (me too) but end the energy problem by developing a way of burning water in autos, hydrogen and oxygen. The simple elements formed right after the Big Bang pumped into your gas tank…wooo!

Each one of them , my kids, asked me if I was on something again and went along with their lives. Yet, here we are many a year later and all the auto makers are busy trying to turn water into the two gases. My brother has been doing that for years.

Four nights ago I watch in amazement a PBS show, Nova, in which researchers at Stanford are opening a door on a cheap way of producing Hydrogen…bingo… those guys will retire for life and Stanford U can take another bow. Now ever, if their advances go much slower our future will have endless summers in most of the north.


Thought of the moment, " Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn’t have to do it himself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home