Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Three Branches… 12/19

No, I’m not talking about our family tree that somehow got misplace by a well intended in law who was documenting the trans-Altlantic crossing of our great, great, great grandfather Ralph.
Nor am I talking about the Ontonagon River a beautiful slow rolling stream in the hills of the U.P. that has three streamlet branches. Today’s subject is our new exterior Christmas tree that Rosebud hauled in from our woods.

Several weeks ago loggers cleared out our back woods hauling away 5 semi loads (and still counting) of mature and half dead stuff. The loggers tried their best to save young pines and hard woods but… so after her walk Rosebud came into the cabin and asked me to see if I could do a ‘makeover’ of a mowed over pine trying to make it somewhat making it respectable. She wanted to put Christmas lights on her salvaged tree as a welcome to those coming down our drive... sure, no problem.

I headed outside with an extra tree stand and ‘Oh my.’ Flat on the ground was this 16’ tree with only 3 limbs left. Talk about a sick looker. "There’s no way," I told her as I return inside.
"Are you sure we can’t help it?" she asked, 'Ya with a flame thrower I thought.'
I don’t care what it looks like I just want to hang a triangle of lights on it." as she pointed me once again to the door.

OK, thy will be done. So now we have 3 branch Charlie Brown tree in the back yard as a warm welcoming sign spreading holiday cheer… HO,HO, deck the halls and with duck taped a added a few other branches and we are having a Hooiserville Christmas.

Day's thought of the moment… "Of course the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, why do you think the neighbor put up the fence?"

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it now..., beer can & Capt Morgan tree ornaments, bycyle inner tube garlin, Kleenex snow flakes. It's a winter wonderland.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean with all those branches that are downed all over the place, you can't gather some of them up and apply duct tape to make this tree look respectable? No doubt, this one is going to look worse than the one I hear brothers chopped down to get at the crown to use as the family Xmas tree. You've outdone them! Impressive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home