Monday, December 18, 2006

Still Shopping, it’s getting late! 12/18

Me too and I still have a problem with one gift. I have to get one for a person that tells me she has it all, but doesn’t... that she requires little but I know better. If I did splurge and pop on something really big she’d explode and the thing would be headed back before it was unwrapped.

Over the past thirty plus years I’ve tried annually to come up with something that she needs or wants and in general I’ve missed the mark. Her concern is with others and how they are doing and very little for herself. When close friends and her family are all in positive modes, that’s her greatest pleasure. Are you getting the picture? This is a tough nut to crack. Getting something for her at Christmas is almost as bad doing so on her birthday for she quite counting.

Once again, I am walking the floor heavy into thought about what I can get someone whose greatest gift is making others happy, help! And don’t, "oh me!" for this not a last minute deal that makes my knees buckle. A friend told me to get her angel wings but they wouldn’t fit… so a guess it’s going to be the old 10 pounds of fudge deal.

Starting today is the thought of the moment…
thought of the moment… Fred told me..
" Learn to laugh at your problems – everyone else does."

4 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I know. Get Tom Brown to go home--that'll do it!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EVer heard of the movie, You, Me and Dupree?

Yah, the guest that never went home.

New title: You, Me and Tom Brown.

Who else drives down from Joliet to help you spend your wedding anniversary?

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you know by now what the ultimate gift for the Mrs. is after all these years?

Here's your thought for the moment:
Life is a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

She got you, right?

This is one gift she'll never return. Now YOU, on the other hand, might start to worry a bit.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Up North said...

We all have our assignments in life, mine is walking the dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home