Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Shopping? 12/12

All right, let’s not be slugs again this year. I know we can do it. We still have some time to put a little thought into it. The battle is half won just by having a shopping list with people on it.
The true test is to set aside a little time for acutely getting our rears in gear and getting out the door.
First, turn off the TV and take your list into a closet, bathroom or the basement (if you have one) then think on each person one at a time. The next question is, do you want to be practical or impractical?

Step two is to set aside what they or others have told you about what they really want. You should not think about what each person really needs and but would be overjoyed to receive.
Some of the most prized things I have were Christmas presents given to me when I hadn’t a clue of what was under the wrappings. Don’t take the easy way out and give a gift cart from XYZ store nor give thoughtful present like a snow shovel….

For many a year I use to give my brother a box of dress ties that were the worst looking things in the store knowing all the time that he’d return them for something that he needed. It was my short cut for not thinking… don’t be a slug like me, there’s still time Tiny Tim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home