Monday, March 27, 2006

F - something….

Is it me or the places I frequent? I just can’t believe what I am hearing out there! The trash talk is unbelievable or is it that I am a little old fashioned and behind the times? I was up at the "Dog" a friendly old log cabin that’s a bar. I’ve told you about the place once before. It was mid afternoon and we’d been on a car outing to check on the snow depth 20 miles north. Why? That is a very good question… what else is there to do in late March?

As I was saying, sitting at the bar we were planning our next stop and in walks a group of young folks maybe ten to twelve of them. This is mid afternoon mind you and most of them were half smoked already and all I was overhearing was the "f" adjective.

I am not an old prune for I’ve used I the word once or twice myself but every third word was F-ing this and F-ing that. After 15 minutes I had my fill of them using the word just to hear themselves using the word. Many people of different ages think using the word makes them cool but the only thing cool about this group was their new crew cab Ford F-150 pickup truck.

So we blew the place and headed down the road. Turning on my new Sirius radio in the car I switch stations. On came Howard Stern who was F-ing this and that… trying to get away from more trash talk I switched stations agian. It was hip- hop. I will not go into what was being said for I was only catching every third word….. it was F-ing this and f-ing that…
I guess I am an old prune for I hit the off button and hit the S-button, S was for smile safely.

3 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

F it!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

culture ain't it grand?

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talked to Bro Dick and he wondered if those young men were from Island Lake? Maybe some of Dan's buddies getting ready for an ice-fishin party at Brown's Chateau. Hey, in our day (long, long ago) tatoos, ear, eye, nose, throat and other body part piercings were not in. Elvis had to be shot from the waist up on the Ed Sullivan show. Lenny Bruce was vilified and Hippies were way out. Thins change. Glad we grew up in the easy days when charts were made verifying pickups - trestle naps were cool - bonfires on Bolger Lake were in. Girls Camp counselors were SWEET and our parents believed up most of the time. Whew!!! Glad we made it! Were we F-----g lucky or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home