Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mystery rock…..

I have this rock out back. It seams it knows its got a home with us. That’s right a rock with a personality. Most rocks just sit there content, not even minding if they get rained on. Through the four seasons nothing effects them. But this one rock is different. For some reason this little fellow likes to take trips.

One day it’s in the grass yard, the next on the other side of the woodpile. I tried skipping it out on the lake to get rid of it. I’ve even inspected it and found that it doesn’t have legs and I was puzzled how thing got around and kept returning. It’s been years since northern Wisconsin has had an earthquake so that could not have been the answer how this bit of granite had traveling papers…

Then yesterday it was parked on our back steps, an ideal place to trip over it. A rock just can’t move especially up hill. Come on, who is kidding who, it had to be my younger brother playing a fast one.

But no… I found out it’s our Springer dog, Katie, that has been a rock collector. She has it in her small head that she must re-landscape our yard by digging sink holes for bird baths and bring up half the shore line rocks and placing them at convenient ankle spraining places.
I must have a small talk with her, but as a female of my family she will not listen.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know all about females in the family and not listening. You should be happy Katie was rock collecting instead of her other favorite pasttime, barking until she goes hoarse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home