Friday, September 29, 2006

Marking the days…9/29

I’ve got a calendar and it’s loaded with marked off days… x-ed out. Some days I’ve noted, many not, that have a lot more meaning than others. Some of you would call them red letter days as they are marked in red ink. For the past three years, I’ve had one day in the fall marked and something has always come up. As I’ve approached the date somehow I’ve founded myself looking at the wrong end of a surgeon’s knife.

This day is coming up again on Monday and it should be a simple operation compared to my other zippers. As a kid I messed up my knee and after four operations of semi-repair athen being hobbled for 40 plus years it’s time to get the knee replaced. I just can’t chase around after Rosebud anymore.

Unlike my heart by pass and shoulder surgeries, I am really looking forward to getting back to my youthful activities of watching the world fly by and trying to be apart of it. This time around with a new knee there will a limited amount of water ski jumping, snow boarding and mid night swims with paint cans too put potta dots on sometplace where they don’t belong. I have it in my mind to almost ground myself, no high flying after 1 p.m.

Could this be a sign of maturity?
Nope, I already gave maturity for Lent last year.

So what’s coming up is a four day hospital visit and some rehab (6weeks). You will simply have to put up with my absence, for awhile. This time away will help me refuel my blog subjects for I must admit my tank is 9/10ths empty… ta ta 4 now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home