Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Trip Planning…

It could be for a week-end trip just to get out of town or several months out of the country, its all the same. You’ve got to get your act together. I have a younger brother who was always on the road and quite frankly I don’t know how he pulled it off.

He pack on Sunday, leave on Monday and return Thursday or Friday. This wasn’t weekly nor monthly but be did this for many a decade. How many socks, tooth brushes and whatever he left on hotel rooms has got to be in the thousands. Then talk about turn around time… this was for his job and how in the heck he plotted out his travel, ticketing, lodging and meals is boggling. Then there were his weekend turn arounds. Doing the wash, checking in with the kids and other family members was beyond me. No way! Small wonder that he had bypass surgry and at times had a short fuse.

We are in the process of planning a trip out of the country for a short stay. Needless to say, I’m leaving the packing to the expert. I last time I did my own packing we had to do a lot of shopping at the other end for things likes razors, underwear and etc. However, I do have my sack of jelly beans stashed away.

Two liner… “Going to court? You are putting your future in the hands of 12 people not smart enough to duck out of jury duty…good luck”

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember to put Katie the dog into a carry on bag that will go in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.

Also while out of country, remember not to drink the water.....

LC

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Up North said...

Water? we're talkin' a hair of the dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home