Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fasten your seat belt….

Close cover before striking, you must change your oil every 3,000 or whenever - which ever comes first. "Do this, do that." The orders from headquarters seems to be endless. Crash helmets for bike riding, life vests in the boats, fire extinguishers by the fireplace and a bucket of water by the outside fire pit. There are cross walks in town for us J-walkers.

Someone is always directing you to this and that. Take the garbage out Bud!

It’s as if I and the human race can’t think for themselves. I am up to my eyeballs with instructions not only on the home front but everywhere I roam.
" I am sorry but you have more than 10 items, you’ll have to put something back or use another check out lane." They even have talking gas pumps. As if I can’t tell the difference from hi test to low grade gasoline.

I am firmly convinced that modern man with all his advances has hit the "dumbie stag". Our search for leisure and the simple life has taken away many of the little tasks where a little brain power was required… I mean Velcro shoe laces? Come on!

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...you're now at the [sic] "dumbie stag"? That's a good Wobbinism to remember.

Fasten your velcro seatbelt and secure that safety helmet, alright. You're the test crash dummy behind the wheel. Airbags coming at you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home