Monday, July 17, 2006

A step ahead looking over your shoulder...

Last week I covered two subjects for you, the weather the hot and the cold of it…and a solution to the middle east by renaming it the middle-west problem. There are great minds in the government who get paid billions and you think they’d come up with these simple solutions. And where do I come up with the leading tips and advise…reading the right stuff?

I have this friend who sometimes puts a damper on my creative thinking. I think in college he was a speech major. Every time I try to put in two cent up steps the great debater. If "it’s red than it should be blue. You know it looks like rain… no it’s clear all day." Then I have to ask him where he gets his facts… the answer 90% of the time is the Chicago Tribune, the other 10% is the Lakeland Times, our home town rag.

Now I don’t know about you but the world isn’t made up of Chicago and it’s suburbs, or for that matter Washington DC. It’s only a small part of the world and the Lakeland Times is a place to find out who was caught speeding in town.

There is a lot of water under my bridge and from my view point it doesn’t take a whole lot of brain power to see what is wrong with THEM, its us. We are looking in a mirror without a reflection. Let’s get a little Windex out and clean the windows of our view of the world. Dropping bombs on others doesn’t work, nor does "buying" friendship. Isn’t time to use our brains for a change?

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...depends how big the bomb and where it lands!

I'd say a large daisy-cutter w/ nuke tips would do nicely during a Mullah assembly or photo-op. They can meet Allah sooner rather than later. Just trying to help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home