Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Finding the other side of the Garage……10/24

The Saturday games were played. Half the teams won, half the teams lost, the poor Wildcats! But now a days I can’t get to hyped about winners or loser.
The only difference between them are a few points on the score board. I have NO favorites for an event occurred in 1965 that change my view of the game. My school dropped football so I decided I could always go for the folks that don’t have a snowball chance.

So during the third quarters on Saturday my mind usually slips from the TV and the game(s) to things that I should be doing on Saturday afternoons. My list of things to do has grown out of hand. But where does one start? The garage of course.

For the last two years I’ve tried to make my little end of the world, the garage, presentable. But I have failed to get off my lead bottom month after month. Each time I go out with good intentions. Let’s let organized, lets get rid of all that STUFF that I squirreled away thinking that I could use that ‘thing’ in one of my many projects that on my list…. Well, last week I came to a grand fact that all that stuff was just stuff…. time to start many a trip to the recycling center and the Thrift Sho.

It’s just a re-adjusted mindset going having to go back to the time when my grandmother died and I was the one that had to clear out her home.
She kept everything, I mean everything…Christmas cards from 1910. She had aluminum salvage ball the size of a medicine ball, and a stack of newspapers dating from 1945.

So now if I haven’t used something in two years, it’s histor. I don’t want kids thinking of me as I thought of my grandmother. pack rat but only in this respect " Gee, Pop was a grand person."

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to comment.....I really really do!

I'm thinking...thinking...thinking.

Nope! Darn, nothing to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home