Monday, October 23, 2006

Flu shots… no extra charge. 10/23

Having had another round of hospital care it always amazes me when I open the billing for both the hospital stay and doctor fees. Having lived with annual hospital stays within our family we now always request a second copy of their statements. The first statement is sent to the insurance companies who rubber stamps most of them for payment then they spent you a statement for the balance of the co-pay.

Another words you have to beg them for an itemized statement.

Its just mind blowing the pages of itemized costs just for a simple three day stay. I was going over the last one and talk about (nickel and dime) even cotton balls were costed. I then thought about some of the prep work I’d had, one of the items was this years flu shot… it was listed as a no charge?

Come on now, someone in the system had to cover the cost but there it was at N. C. Find I told mrself maybe it’s one of those government freebees. Free to the fact that some poor tax payer is footing the bill.

At the time I ask the nurse about the shot and she said, " S.O.P. standard operating procedure." I guess with my advanced age and that the surgery that I was about to have, I would be a risk due to a weaken state.

So here I am rehab’ing waiting around the house for the flu bug to hit home. Fat chance of that but if it should come to that I’ll head south and park my fanny on a sunny beach for I now can afford it having not to pay for a $200 flu shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home