Friday, October 13, 2006

Rehab’ing for the third time 10/13/06

So three times a week I am driven into the HYMC rehab Unit up in Woodruff. WI. Our car should know the way there by itself. I had to attend classes there last year for a total of 12 weeks. The car know the way just like Old Paint knows the way to the barn.

However, on doctor’s orders I am not to drive so Rosebud wheels me into town while am spread across the back seat of our van. I just can sit still in a regular car seat for more than 5 minutes. Once on site it takes at least 10 minutes to say hello to all the staff members who helped me through cardiac rehab then on to Physical therapy.

Now after a week of bending and prying my knee with crow bar, hammers and come-alongs the nursing staff can bend my knee 90 degrees, that up back and forth and not circular.
Now I know what they mean…. That progress is measured in degrees, just like Iraq, you can’t win them all and I’m in this for the long haul...
Pass the ice pack, please.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you dyslexic and trying to say YMCA?

Third time on rehab? Seen you at Whitmans, it didn't take the first two times.

By the way, do you know what a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac does?

Lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.


CLM

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I guess what you're saying is the snow-blower/leaf blower deal is out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home