Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Head way, one nail at a time...10/25

We are only 4 weeks behind. Our little flock is building a new church in down town. It’s a thing that many of us have worked on for ump-teen years. Somehow along the line I either volunteered or was out of town when a head man was needed and I wasn’t there to say no….

So after 2 years of planning we began construction mid year thinking all would be completed by Christmas. Well, due to some fore seen problems and one or two oops we are resigned to the fact that it’s not going to get done on time. A better rational approach is… let’s just get it right.

After weeks of messing around with the foundation which seemed like the contractors were working in reverse, they started on the walls. Now the roof is up and the last of the shingles are going on this week.

Windows? You need windows? I sure hope they were ordered. There was one other problem… I was missing in action for three weeks and just now getting back on my feet. The last thing that I could do was hobble around inspecting new construction for bent nails. Even if I could there is always the thought " I wonder what else went a-rye?"

Well, at least I’ll have two good legs to kick some butt…. Sometimes when you look at something daily it doesn’t seem anything is happening but there has to be headway somewhere, please! I’ve just got to remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day nor the pyramids. However, those guys weren’t deal with state building inspectors.

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I want a sandwich, I'll ask for it on "rye", but that sometimes can go "awry" even at Island Cafe.

Anyway, I'm sure they missed your expertise on the job site what with falling off ladders, felling trees on cars, collapsing piers and who can forget "watch that first step" deck deal. Imagine if on the way to communion folks were tripping and stumbling over unseen floor hazards. Since you weren't there, they can't blame you. (I mean the floor is done isn't it?)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Up North said...

we are thankful for small blessing, even uneven floors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home