Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A simple game. 4/24

Yesterday was the first golf round of the year. It had me a little nervous. Now with a metal knee and no confidence I teed up the ball on the first hole. I told myself, “Self let it rip!" So with a slow bark swing I came down on the ball with my old trusty Cobra driver.

I had pictured this all winter as I pounded away on the treadmill trying to build some strength in my left leg. Down came the club onto the ball.

I had even time to work on my right shoulder during the gray days of Jan/Feb. The thing is as bad as my knee use to be, a pain in the buttski. Whack, the impact of the ball on the club face. Everyone knows that I’m the furthest thing from Mr. Woods and that everyone on the right side of the fairway or rough is in immediate danger and fair game even a fairway over.

It’s called muscle training and that’s what all the rehabbing was about during the winter. I even have an offset driver, one of the many things I've done to end my slicing. It’s a secret that us slicers use to try and keep our ball in play. Yesterday, I had taken my ‘normal’ stance and was set up to have a slice (the ball fading to the right- way right).

Holy smokes, the ball flew straight down the fairway then it started going the other way hooking to the right. Never in my life have I never hooked a ball, hitting it left. Then I noticed that most of my weight was on my left forward leg – something that I could have done before.

So look out golf world for we now have a hooker and a slicer in one body - everywhere in now a hard hat area and no one is safe.

7 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, now he's hooker too. I thought this was a g-rated blog.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you hit it straight, and watch it hook right. Sounds to me as it he is no longer playing right handed. Brown must have finally gotten to him.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, no one is too scared about Robin's game. After all, it is Robbin holding the club, not Tiger.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hooker and a slicer in one body? My god, its Jeffrey Daumer and Heidi Fleiss all in one. Bob Vila would never expect that. Sure, he'd be in "That Old Motel Room" awaiting the girl that he called for the massage and in would come Janet Leigh from Psycho and put on a bib with a little Bob Vila on it and then pull out a giant knife and ...

Well, you get the idea.

Norm Abrams

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas poor Wobbin, I knew him well. Senor Fry always said that in his youth he could turn a slicer into a hooker at will. I frimly believe that all of the operations on his heart(?), his knees and almost his shoulder have been totally sucessful. His game will be awesome! I do beleive that has the lobotomy been as successful, he would have been able to keep an ACCURATE score

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breaking 80? super! you just keep at it for 50 plus years and the game has to come to you.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they must have been boucing off the trees in the right dirction?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home