Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year ….
Fa, fa, laa and deck the halls.


I’d show you a picture of our Christmas tree but it’s plastic and still in the box. No, I haven’t started Christmas shopping, I couldn't get the car started ... it's really cold outside, -18, Even the bark on the trees is freezing and falling off. There is not a bit of wind... if there were I wouldn’t think of moving from the fireplace.

Yes, another grey day here in the north and the only sounds you hear is from the lake. It’s the sound of the water protesting from becoming ice. Even as our dog sticks it’s head out the door it wants immediately back inside. This sure is an early one , yet I think I said the same thing last year. I tried calling our travel agent for tickets anywhere south but the phone froze to my ear. Now if I could only get my rear off this computer chair I could haul in some fire wood.

SO much for good intentions… I might as well break out something worth while… that being great, great grandfather’s secret formula for high powered egg nogg... it meltsa frost bite.

4 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean you haven't started shopping? You're at your computer, with all the stores in the universe at your fingertips, and you think shopping involves starting a car? That's not ecologically correct. If you hadn't waited so long, you could've avoided the 2 day shipping charges. 'Tis important because I am expecting something under the tree.

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosebud- is that you?

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, it's probably Katie the Dog.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so damn cold out that I have already put a couple "presents" for you under the Xmas tree.

Katie the Dog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home