Friday, February 08, 2008

My politics…. 2/7

Sorry, my last blog was a little political. Mother told me never talk politics and religion with “ friends”.

Why? You can never change a person’s beliefs in anything, only kick holes in them; not the person but their dearly held views. Long ago I lost a friend because he couldn’t see my logic. And he was from New York so I kicked holes in him - I was right and he were wrong, period. After all he was from New York and they only read the Times. Now years after, it's amazing how you can twist history into your own views for we all now know Goldwater was right, either you do something 100% or get off the pott.

Life and my advancing age has now lead me to take a stand in the middle of the road. I am neither right wing nor left wing I stand in the middle of both lanes where the white dots are. It's a great place to get run over by a semi. However, you can dodge a lot of bullets this way. So, when asked what are my views are on some issue my standard reply after itching my head and putting a serious look on my face I state, “I am studying the matter in depth at the moment.”

Here’s the neat part. Our kids are of opposite thinking - right and left, conservative and liberal. And I agree with all their thinking. The questions are which crooks will do less damage. We have a school board election coming up that means a lot more to us than the national bandits running for office.

So who am I voting for in Wisconsin’s primary next week? “I am studying the matter in depth at the moment.”

Today’s thought,
“ Everything that’s done always cost more than the first estimate.”

2 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. Ok, I can guess which kid is the conservative but the liberal no. A hint might help.

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie the Dog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home