Saturday, February 04, 2006

I am posting tomorrow’s blog today… There is a Super Bowl pre-party and I just don’t trust my memory esp having to entertain out of the their minds guests from out of town,


Pass on a BLESSING 2./5/06

Thankfully life goes on. Looking back to April of 1999, it was an amazing time for our family. Sure, on the 15th taxes were due but several days later a much needed gift was given to our family. A donor family from Minnesota had a very big heart and donated lungs of their daughter to our daughter, a very sad moment for them, and a joyous one for us. In their sadness they truly gave us the gift of life.

Every morning as the sun tries its best to break through Wisconsin skies I stop and give thanks for life… the life of family, friends and especially a family in Minnesota. If your driver’s license doesn’t have an organ donor sticker on it, stop by your local DMV office and get one and then tell your family that it is your wish to be an organ donor. For in the end, life is the biggest blessing of all and a smile is His other giant gift.

April is Organ Donor Month. Yes I know this isn’t April but I am going to be on your cases till your have signed on the donor card dotted line! As they say in church ‘your donation is much appreciated’ not that I am looking toward your early demise.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother's open heart surgery took place in late March of the same year F.Y.I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home