Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A hero’s birthday… 1 /31

I think I just I missed using the right word for older brothers are not heros, they are just down the block a little further. Brothers are guide posts, directional markers, as to what paths to follow or in my case which path in life could get you busted on .

Growing up, two of my older brothers were well older than I, they were out of the house off to prep school then college, you might say they were somewhat headed on the proper path to follow. Then there was my next older brother, we were only two years apart. He was just old enough to lord it over me till I had my growth spurt and the scales of justice caught up with him.
Bless his heart for he showed me what not to do most of the time. So with these three sterling examples. I was then required to lead my younger twin brothers onto the path of adult hood, we almost got there.

Where did my parents fit into the picture…guiding their flock ? Dad was out hustling bread for the table while Mom cooked and did the dishes. Oh the joys of brotherhood for we all leaned on one another. For those of you with the "right" type of brothers, you were lucky. For those of you with the "wrong" type of brothers, we were also lucky for in life, it takes all types.

Ya, ya, I would have enjoyed having a sister as well but it wasn’t in mom’s cards. Just think I could have learned from the softer side.
So here’s to my gearhead brother, happy birthday.

Thought of the day…
"If something which you are sure will meet
everyone’s approval, somebody won’t like it."

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of gear head brother, thanks. He happens to be doing today what he does best - playing in the garage of a buddy. This time he's in Green Bay. But with promises to be back in time to degrease and find clothes with without burns and rips, I'll make sure he gives a toast to you at dinner.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee, you could have at least damned me w faint praise.

it is interesting over our lifetimes how little we each have changed.

sure it is turbos and fuel injection along w a dash of methanol V holleys but the tune's the same.

for each of us.

thanks for being the good one so i didn't have to do that tune.

BB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home