Thursday, May 31, 2007

A quick 9…

I was a little late. I got involved again in minor chores and when I looked at the watch I was running late getting to the golf course. This was yesterday morning, ladies league day, and you’d better get out in front of them or plan on a very late day, lunch at 2 diner at 9.

So, I hustled by buns down the road sped through Hazelhurst past a napping sheriff barged in line in the pro shop and made tracks out to the tee, all to no avail. For out on the tee were a line up of golf carts all with gray haired ladies waiting their turn.

Now I have no problems with gray hair, I only wished I had some. I do have problems with any golfers that takes two weeks to finish 9 holes.

I didn’t let this get the best of me for I then slipped over to the backside to the 10th tee. There a kindly gentleman asked if I ‘d like to play along. SURE! His name was Gulligan T. Duff and that’s what it was for 8 holes till I told the fellow that my time was limited and that I had to head in. As I was coming in I noticed that the ladies were finishing their 9 holes. So as the saying goes you came judge a book by it’s gray hair(s).

I should have through about finishing painting the cabin instead of teeing it up – it’s a time management thing. Next thing you know the boys will hit town and it’s a fishing thing till fall. Rosebud doesn’t like the looks of the place painted half purple, half orange and a quarter green.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are color consultants. One is Jim Synder. He's a reall pro at any shade of gray you want

 

Post a Comment

<< Home