Monday, March 31, 2008


The bet…
recovering among the ruins


“My dad can beat the snockers out of your dad, can not… can too … want to bet."

"I can ski jump farther than you, can not, can too… want to bet."
"Just try and knock that chip off my shoulder…. Can not, can too…."
But which chip and which shoulder. It’s pretty dangerous act for it’s made of plastic, not the chip but the shoulder.

"Bet you’re not going to Ecuador… 'am too… are not.”

Ok, there it was a big bet. The die was cast but then something hit me right between my eyes and it wasn’t Rosebud’s rolling pin.

I had only thought about going south to Ecuador once in my life and it was only for ten seconds and that was in 1964 to dodge the draft. First, there were many more places ahead of it on my list to visit before pushing daisies. Second, was a health problem. Years back it was in my head not wanting to get shot up in a Vietnam jungle or in some other place that would really hurt.

Also, several years back I had major human plumbing rehab and I questioned the doctors down there. Third, there was a bit of a cost. All these things said 'I shouldn’t be traveling to South American.'

Then I tripped over my own heart for something was down there, extended family.
So against “sound” judgment we made the trip, thank God. For good friends can never be replaced even though they live on the other side of the moon. So T.B. to hell with the bet you’ll get yours in the end! “Will too, will not.”

Pictured above is extended family as well to the right.

"Going on vacation? costly, friendship...priceless."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home