Wednesday, February 08, 2006

UP DATE, UP DATE... 2/8/06

Just returned from a trip to the medical captial of the midwest, Rochester MN.
Not much has changed since the last time we spent some time there. The south end of town now has pave streets and they added additional sky walks between the downtown skyscapers.

The town and Mayo Clinic does offer hope for many who travel there but there is something about the place that makes your skin itch. I went to see a good friend who has spent way to much time there this winter. While I spent a day and half with him it seem like a week. Not because of him it's the feeling of the place.

In the morning I spent 40 minutes on a tread mill listening to a guy next to me, from Canada, telling me about his medical history. Not that I minded for it was a lot better than listening to Matt and Katie on the Today Show. Then in the bar at dinner this gal just would not quit talking about her self and about the same thing, her health. I think my good friend had heard her same story for a week as well.

If and when I ever return to Rochester I must remember to bring with me all my medical records in a leather bag so that I don't look out of place. My good friend has only under a week of getting zapped and he is as itchy as I was to get out of Rochester.... keep smiling Fred, rehab after what you have just gone through will be a breeze.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Robin, he really got a kick out of "making the blong" THREE LEFT!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home