Friday, April 18, 2008

Go fish…
Once again the bug has bitten. The sun is getting higher in the sky and the maple sap is running. The thick blood is thinning. Slowly the ground is starting to show its ugly bare head and it’s as bald as mine. The snowmobiles are being put away and guys are out fixing their fishing rigs.
Spring and dead fish are in the air.

Once again it’s the call of the wild that is if fish could howl. I maybe rushing it a bit but it’s approach is like that of the golf season… ya- just can’t wait. Next week I’ll drive south a couple hours and hit a driving range maybe a golf course just to get ahead of the guys up here. Then there is hauling the boat over to one of the rivers and send an afternoon on the water. All this sounds neat but requires getting off my lead bottom.

Both of these intend outing are a possibility that is if I get my act together. However, its getting a little harder each year (getting off my bottom). Somehow if I had three of four other good buddies bitten as well, a group project might get off the ground. The old saying is correct …
the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Do you have any 8’s? No, go fish!

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we hear Rosebud telling you to get off your lead bottom and start your spring "honey-do" list? Something tells me you won't be fishin' no matter what's bitten your buddies til she sees that list get much, much shorter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home